TOOLS: swiss ball towel, exercise band, free weights and yoga mat
Perform one set of each exercise without resting. For example, you’ll do the prescribed number of repetitions of the first exercise, and immediately do the second exercise and so on. Repeat through all exercises 1 more time. At the end of this routine please do add some cardio.
- The Inchworm Push-Up
- Dumbbell Rear-Deltoid Raise
- Single-leg Bent-over Rows
- One Arm Push-Ups (YES YOU CAN!)
- Rolling Ball Pull
- Push-up Twist
- Quadruped on Ball
- Dive-Bomber Push-up
- Lat Pull Down
- Staggered-Arm Push-Up
The Inchworm Push-Up
- Start in a full push-up position.
- Do one push-up; lift hips and slowly walk feet toward hands while keeping knees straight.
- Next, inch hands away from toes as you return to start.
- Repeat all reps.
Dumbbell Rear-Deltoid Raise
- Kneel on the floor with your knees shoulder-width apart or slightly wider.
- Place one hand on the floor so it is lined up with the center of your chest. Place the other hand behind your back.
- Lower yourself using the hand on the floor while keeping your knees in place.
- Drop as low as possible without actually touching the floor.
- Use the hand on the floor to push yourself up.
- Once back at the starting position, continue to lower and raise your body, using one hand, as many times as possible or for the desired number of repetitions.
Rolling Ball Pull
- Kneel on the floor with hands and forearms resting on a stability ball about shoulder-width apart.
- Roll ball away from you and extend arms forward, dropping chest and pelvis toward floor. When you’re fully extended, hold for 3 counts.
- Roll ball back to starting position, contracting shoulders.
- Repeat for all reps
- Begin in full push-up position – wrists below shoulders, legs extended, toes tucked under, abs engaged.
- Lift your right arm toward the ceiling, rotating entire body to right; keep hips and legs stacked.
- Hold for 2 counts, then return to start. Do one push-up; repeat on left side, that’s one rep.
- Repeat for all reps alternating sides.
Quadruped on Ball
- Lie on top of a stability ball, legs extended behind you, hands on floor about shoulder-width apart.
- Lift and extend left arm and right leg simultaneously. Hold for 3 counts and return to start; switch sides.
- Repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
- Start in downward-facing dog – hands slightly more than shoulder-width apart, hips lifted, heels reaching down.
- Glide chest forward and through arms, bringing it down between your hands and arching back toward ceiling; hover hips 2 to 3 inches off floor.
- Reverse, pressing into hands and bringing hips back up.
Lat Pull Down
- Grasp the band overhead with your elbows straight. Pull your arms downward, keeping your elbows straight. Stop at shoulder level. Hold & slowly return
TIP: Keep your abdomen tight and avoid leaning over.
- Begin on hands and knees with hands about shoulder-width apart and left hand 4 to 6 inches in front of right hand (keep hands close to chest).
- Walk feet back until legs are fully extended, keeping abs firm.
- Do 10 push-ups, bending elbows to 90 degrees and bringing chest just above the floor.
- Switch hand positions, placing right hand 4 to 6 inches in front of left; repeat for 10 more reps.