As a personal trainer I know what it’s like not to have time to eat or drink. On the fitness floor food is not allowed. Back to back clients all day makes it really hard to even get a small bit of food in your mouth. But hey, I found ways to make it happen. Here is a few great ideas to keep your metabolism up through out your busy day.
On the go meals how to pack:
Bring and mini cooler with you and store it under your desk, in your locker in your purse. Fill the cooler with ice packs and store your nutritional low calorie foods in there.
This first bag is a freezer tote features a shoulder straps / carry handles, and an Ultra Safe leak proof lining with Microban and Therma-Flect reflective barrier.
The second bag is also perfect for carrying food and drinks to work. It features a separate exterior pocket perfect size for wallet or keys .
The third bag is a freezable lunch cooler designed to keep contents cooler, longer: up to 10-hours. Coolers feature a patented eco-gel permanently built into liner, no need for ice or gel packs, simply store your packit directly in the freezer .Perfect for perishable foods; uneaten portions can go right back into the fridge, reducing waste and saving you money. PackIt coolers fold compactly for storage in your freezer until you are ready to use them
On the go meals ideas:
- Organic fruit
- Oatmeal with yogurt
- Low fat cheese with grilled chicken
- Non fat milk or almond milk
- Nutritional bars (read labels to make sure candy bar called a protein bar: Pick meal-replacement bars with at least 15 grams of protein plus fiber, folic acid, and calcium.)
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter, instead of jelly, on whole-grain toast. Mix protein with complex carbs. The fiber in complex carbohydrates slows down absorption of sugars so you don’t get quick spikes and plummets in energy,” says Penny Edwards, a certified nutrition specialist in Oakland, California.
- Have chicken and brown rice
- High-fiber cereal with low-fat milk
- Apple slices with almond butter
Weight loss on the go:
- The key is to eat small meals through out the day.
- Stick to a regular eating pattern. Just like going to the bathroom eating is a must too. LOL It’s true! If you have time to take a bathroom brake you have time to pop something in your mouth and drink some water.
- Breakfast is sooo important and if it is just a shake in the morning or oatmeal with some flaxseed you are on a better start then someone who skips breakfast. Breakfast helps your brain function and also gets your metabolism started.
- Eat every four hours. Set your timer on your watch, if you have to. The size of what you are eating doesn’t have to be anymore than something that can fit in the palm of your hand like a nut mix with some dried fruit. Eating every four hours keeps your blood sugar from dropping and helps you continue to burn calories and not just store them.
- Drink your water as much as you can. Every hour have some water.
Workouts for a busy life:
- There are a few things you can do.
- You can do a total body workout really quick in the morning or at night.
- You can do a upper body day, lower body day, abs day and a cardio day.
- You can power through a few exercises as fast as you can with as much time as you can.
- You can pick just a few days a week that you actually time some time and pack those with all the routines you need upper, lower, abs and cardio.
The best thing to do is write out what days and times you are going to workout and what workouts you are going to do.
With a busy life the most important thing you can do is eat healthy and exercise when you can. Diet is such a big part of your weight loss and success that if you have a healthy diet and workout as much as you are able then you will still see results.
I hope this helps all of you who are also busy in life and feel overwhelmed with wanting to start a workout program and lose weight but feel you don’t have enough time. You totally can make it happen. I do and I am not always able to get the workouts in I want because of my busy life but my diet and the workouts I do get in give me the results I need.