Burn fat with intense intervals focusing on of intense lower-body plyo and sweat-inducing cardio.
Repeat this routine 3 times
Walking Lunge 4 steps forward to 4 Prisoner Squat Jump
Walking Lunge 4 steps backward 4 Prisoner Squat Jump
While keeping your back straight, step forward on your right leg as far as possible, until your right thigh is about parallel to the floor.
Then bring your left leg forward to meet your right leg. Next, step forward on your left leg as far as possible, until your left thigh is about parallel to the floor.
Then bring your right leg forward to meet your left leg.Continue stepping for 4 steps.
Next move to the Prisoner Squat Jumps. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, hands behind your head.
Do a regular squat and then jump up as explosively as you can. When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep.
Do 4 reps. Repeat this routine with lunging backwards and then doing your prisoner squat jumps.
Note: If Prisoner Squats get too hard squat in place without jumping with hands behind head.
Squat low with hands in front of your body
Place hands on ground in front of you.
Jump back into pushup position (if that is to hard on knees you may step one foot at a time.)
Jump back up into a low squat ( if that is too hard on knees you may step one foot at a time.)
Note: If Burpees become to hard step back into your burpee and step forward instead of jumping.
- Stand with your left foot on a low box (or step) and your right foot on the floor about two feet to the right of the box.
- Bend your knees slightly, keep your chest up, and bend your arms 90 degrees, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Push off your left foot and jump to your left, landing with your right foot on the box and your left foot on the floor, knees bent.
- Push off your right foot to jump back to the starting position.
- That’s one rep.
Note: If you don’ t have a step use a stack of books with a towel on top.
Ab Slid – 20 reps
- Start on the floor in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes, arms extended, a folded towel underneath feet.
- Contract abs and bring knees in toward chest.
Note: If this is too easy you keep legs straight and lift hips high to bring feet toward hands. Hold for one count, then return to start. You will also notice that I am doing this on grass with paper plates. You can slid on hard floors with a towel under foot and on carpet with paper plates.
Also, if you don’t have a hard floor to slid on use a paper plate to slid on the carpet.
- Lie faceup on floor, arms by sides, legs extended with heels pressing into a folded towel on floor.
- Slowly pull heels toward butt as you lift hips off floor until knees are bent 90 degrees and body forms a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Slide legs forward to return to start.
Note: If you don’t have hard floors for sliding use paper plates to slid your with.
Stand next to a cone or another object that you can jump over.
Jump sideways to the opposite side of the cone.
Upon landing, immediately jump to the other side.
Remember to make the jumps as quickly as possible.
- Cross your right leg behind your left leg as you bend your left knee into a half-squat position.
- Extend your left arm out to the side, and swing your right arm across your hips.
- Hop a few feet directly to the right, switching the position of your legs and arms.
- That’s one rep. Continue hopping from side to side without pausing or resetting your feet.
Split Jumps – 12 reps
- Stand with your feet in a staggered stance, left foot in front of your right, two or three feet apart. Lower your body into a split squat.
- Quickly jump up and scissor-kick your legs so that you land with your right leg forward. As soon as your feet land, lower your body into a split squat. That’s one rep.
Stand with legs staggered hip-width apart, left foot forward, knees soft, fists near chin.
Punch left arm forward and retract; punch right arm forward and retract, then kick right leg forward (as shown) and retract.
Do 10 reps. Switch legs; repeat for one set.
Bend and Stretch – 10 reps
- Start in downward dog: Get on all fours on mat, tuck toes under and press hips up to form an inverted V.
- Shift hips back slightly and bend knees toward chest as you round back into a tuck, pulling belly button toward spine.
- Return to downward dog (or jump legs off floor before returning to tuck) to complete 1 rep.
Tools You Need