Waking up to coffee or your favorite tea. Sitting back and read a book while also nibbling on some delishious zucchini lemon loaf. A perfect recipe for a perfect day!
My daughter and husband are crazy about the lemon loaf from Starbucks. If you have ever had it you would agree it’s so good. I thought that I should make an even better version of lemon loaf by adding zome zucchini.
Here is my special recipe which is AMAZING, if I do say so myself… and I do.
Zucchini Lemon Loaf
If you like to sip coffee or tea and have some lemon loaf this recipe is for you.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil, grated zucchini and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. (It took an hour in my oven). Remove from oven and pour glaze over it, then cool in pan on a rack.
Whisk to combine sugar, whole milk and lemon extract.